The List ~ The Other List
in a perfect world i might link to counts of those slain since the dawn of time, willingly or no, in the name of god and, ideologically- or ecomonically-speaking, country... save that in a perfect world, i would be spared such a need.

SEE: imagine by john lennon

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Zounds! 'Scaped!

POST-POSTED for 15 JULY 2007

um... yeah... so there haven't been any river posts of late for good reason: back in july, he and his little concubine, to use a completely inappropriate metaphor, jumped ship.

he was always an an acrobatic little feller, leaping to the terrarium lid and clinging on upside down, but it seems that once we emplaced the habitrail components inside, he was given enough of a platform to jar the lid, well, ajar. i returned to my office one morning to find him long gone, his fewmets cold as 120 degrees (the fact that he was ever the predator as opposed to the prey notwithstanding). [editor's note: withhold all comments about fewmets pertaining specifically to dragons; i'll be damned if river produced normal mouse droppings. in hindsight, i ought to have saved them: they'd've probably cured cancer. or cowardice.]

perhaps it's for the best; my little mononoke friend as like as not is probably largely responsible for the decrease in violence in our region (it was not lost upon me that his escape perfectly coincided with the positive developments).

he shall ever be missed, and will always have a little place in my heart--a place that he chewed out for himself with his little demon fangs.

3 comments:

Al said...

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! I will try and post on this dang blog again! I joined 'blogging' a week ago for you my dear. Alas, it did not work and my funny little letter is amiss. Lost in cyberspace I suppose... I havent' a clue how this crap works! So I will send this now in attempt to BLOG once more!
YEESH
Hoping you are well!!! Hoping I can wish you well with this stupid thing!
xoxo
kisses
al

spanks. said...

al!

post me your email; i tried sending one last week to your mailsnare account, and i'm guessing that it failed to reach you.

pax et amor...

Nelms... said...

Have you thought about looking for him in Zihuatanejo?