Syllabus: HEOIF
i will populate this syllabus much more fully in the future... check back for updates.
[edit] the "course," it seems, is going to be a bit more of a book club. that being said, sources other than the primary text are not required, but are welcome... with the very explicit exception of online sources, unless accessed through a university library portal (such as jstor). also, if nobody chimes in, this will fail to be entertaining. nelms... and leah, i am counting on you two!
required texts:
vonnegut, kurt. slaughterhouse five: or the children's crusade, a duty dance with death (25th anniversary). new york: delacorte press (1994).
for now, begin slaughterhouse five this weekend. i need to counter the impression of heartless bastard that i may have given over the past several posts.

3 comments:
Now that's more like it! Actual posts, even if post-dated. Better late than never, right? Though I have to say, I liked the black better than the blue...
Is it possible for a civilian such as myself to audit your HEOIF class? Will there be a mid-term? I'm assuming all materials (minus texts) will be made available online?
If I'm eligible, consider me enrolled. I'll start the reading as a preemptive measure.
anybody can weigh in on HEOIF; it's really going to be more of a book club. it'll only work well, though, if people make good use of the note posting feature...
Post a Comment