Please Let Go of the Bar
as those of you playing along at home already know, it was during the prison shower experience that was camp mccrady at fort jackson, south carolina that i made the switch from bar soaps to body washes. the first was a dial brand lavender and oatmeal moisturizing blend; sadly, i had not yet hit upon the idea for this feature, so reviewing that product now would be unfair as i failed to take sufficient note(s) of/on its properties. the nascent rating system is likely to undergo alterations and refinements in the future, but for now we shall identify and review five key categories:
1) product fragrance/bouquet [emotional response]
2) product lather using a standard loofah
3) product lather using a standard exfoliating glove
4) product residue (if any) and overall satisfaction with cleanse
5) conditioning of subject skin
there are other categories that in an ideal testing environment would be worthy of consideration (e.g. hard water vs. soft water, presence of company in the shower, gender of said company), but due to certain constraints we must limit ourselves to the above. each category will be evaluated on a five point scale (5.0 being the highest possible score), and the product total will reflect the numerical average of all five categories. please note: the first category contains an additional 1.0 possible points for emotional response based on the aroma; this is an arbitrary, subjective, non-quantitative "measure" that could sway the final average up to 0.2 points in either direction.
the assumption is made that the water is from the tigris river.
i invite all suggestions for bettering this process.

5 comments:
I think there should by some sort of "staying power" component. That is, after 2, 4, 6, 8 hours and so on, how is the smell holding up? Are others commenting on your fresh-smellingness? Is the body wash winning or losing the fresh-smell war against your deodorant? I mean, great-tasting chewing gum is one thing. Long-lasting flavor is a whole 'nother bag of goodness.
Yeah, I've got some Old Spice stuff that sports a proprietary "Eight Hour Scent Technology." By the time it's been on my body for eight hours, I've usually forgotten about it, and therefore do not remember to check if the technology is actually living up to its name.
It does seem like the 'lather' aspect is given an awful lot of weight in your scoring. In my eyes, the two most important features are the fragrance and the cleanse, yet your scoring system would give the arguably less-important lather (two available points) as much importance as fragrance and cleanse combined.
I may be biased by using neither a loofah nor an exfoliating glove (I know, so uncivilized), but couldn't you give each of these half of a point?
You guys can argue about category weight, but I'm with rehan in that your rating requires more categories. May I suggest "availability" as very important. Unless the staying power is 280 days, willingness of people to send and availability in the AAFES are pretty important, too.
On that note, St. Ives Swiss Vanilla is a favorite on my FOB.
Whoa, there, Walz. While I think the long-lasting flavor is important, I don't think Brandon should be the one doing the tasting. I also have a feeling that you won't be able to find someone appropriate to "taste" you after eight hours. If you do, please don't blog about it. Then again, if you do, I'll assume you went back to bar soap, too.
Post a Comment